We commit to:
- never sell your information;
- only collect the minimum of information as is customarily necessary to provide lodging;
- only share information about you when (a) required by law or (b) required by situations that demand immediate action that are to your clear benefit (i.e., “emergencies”).
- that you may book a stay with us through another website or travel agent and in that case you would need to enquire about the privacy policies used by those companies.
Use of our Web Site
You may view and use the Chilamate Rainforest Eco Retreat website without disclosing any personal information. However, we may collect anonymous statistics about visits to the site.This tracking of statistics may involve the use of “cookie” technology.
Booking a Reservation with us
If you wish to reserve lodging with us we will collect only the personal information necessary to handle your reservation. This information normally includes:
- Mailing address
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Credit card information (not necessary at this time since we do not process credit cards)
- Information related to any need you may have for special services or dietary concerns
We use your individual information only to communicate with you about your reservation, to process your payments, to ensure your confort as our guest, to advise you about personal items you may accidently have left during your stay and to thank you for staying with us and request your collaboration in giving us feedback about your experience.
Retention and Safety of Your Information
We keep your information in a computerized property management system for the period required by Costa Rican law. We take great technical and physical measures to protect access to the personal data that we collect.
We created this policy in December 2018. If you have any questions or concerns at all please do not hesitate to contact us!
Chilamate Rainforest Eco Retreat team